In the article “Do athletes do better in school during their seasons?” Morgan DiVittorio and Matthew Barbato acknowledge that in-season student-athletes are challenged to be more organized and better managers of their time, but those skills do not always equate to higher grades year-round. Summarize the authors’ claims and explain whether or not you agree with their arguments based on the evidence provided in the text.

I agree that student athletes, can be more efficient during there sport season. I think during sports they have to focus on time management and actually get there work done, instead of having a lot of time and waiting till you have no time left. I also think that sports give students a reason to try harder and to want to do good in school. Therefore i do agree with the author
ReplyDeleteI believe that participating in sports during the school year helps you get better grades. According to Hannah Flynn "Athletes are more efficient in season- a time crunch encourages organization and theirs not much down time to relax. For most athletes, focusing in class is imperative because theirs no time to relearn the material outside of class".
ReplyDelete