Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Student Athletes!

             In the article "Do athletes do better in schools during their season" written by Morgan Divittorio and Matthew Barbato, the subject at hand is if sports really do affect students grades. I personally believe that it all depends on how rigorous the practice for that particular sport is. In the article, the authors stated that when sports are in session, students have less time to be lazy and jump right on their homework when they get the chance. I disagree with this claim because if the practice for that sport is really tough, then all you are going to want to do is sleep. I understand that in order to play the sport in the first place a student needs good grades; however, they only need a 2.0 which isn't that hard, it's straight C's. I can't speak for all students by saying this is easy, but you don't need to go all out on assignments. When it is the off season for sports you have more time to to relax, which actually makes it easier to work when you need to.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your claim that if the practice is really tough that people are gonna be more tired and less motivated to do their work. Also, it is pretty easy to pass a class while playing sports because all you really have to do is the bare minimum and you'll pass the class.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.