Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

"When Failing Equals Success" -Stuart Firestein



1) What claim does the author make in this article?
-Physiology can be seasonal and the enzymes are modulated by temperature
-Science would be in a crisis if it weren't failing most of the time.
-Replication failures should be responded without prejudice
-Not everything has to be perfect to be scientific.
-Its okay to fail, but it's not okay not to try
-You must not fool yourself when you fail
2) What evidence does the author use to take his or her claims?
-an example from a early 20th century when a scientist failed and learned.
-Replication failures should not be conflated with scientific part or even the whole of an experiment is not sufficient for indictment of the initial inquiry or its researchers.
3) Do you agree or disagree with the author's stance? Why or why not?
I agree with the author opinion on i do feel how you see your failure has major affect on whether you succeed or not, like people think back allot more on there failures then there successes, and if you don't see your failures as learning point, but rather as like a finishing point. then there's no way you'll  ever learn, meaning you're never succeed.


5 comments:

  1. I really like how you included a lot of facts about the article as well as your opinion. The statement you made about people paying more attention to failures really made me think, I agree with you about how people will never learn if they see failure as a finish. Overall, I liked your review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is okay to fail, but it isn't okay to not try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it is okay to fail, but it isn't okay to not try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with how people will never learn if they don't see their failures as a learning point.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.