Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

I believe that teachers, parents, and employers should emphasize a limit on music or tv watching, because for one it takes up a lot of there time, 25% of the people who took our survey listen to more than 5 hours of music a day, 65% of those people get bored easily. Also 25% of the people watch 3-4 hours of tv. 80% of people who enjoy reading say they don't get bored easily, I believe that reading has a correlation to getting bored.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with how perhaps the reading is related to the topic of being bored. This generation has limited the amount they read and reading a book is "too much". This is a huge conflict because reading is an important thing to know and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie, avoid using "I believe," or "In my opinion" in persuasive arguments, as they weaken your stance. Let the data speak for you! Great statistic: "25% of the people who took our survey listen to more than 5 hours of music a day, 65% of those people get bored easily." This allows you to INFER that reading has a correlation to boredom, and you should add more there to justify the implications. What should be done to alleviate this issue?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.