Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

In defense of boredom

In Defense of Boredom



I do not agree with most of the claims Rosecrans Baldwin makes in the article from Avid Weekly titled "In defense of boredom". According to Baldwin (2016) "I couldn't remember the last time id exercised without a constant stream of stimulation, a cranium full of sound.After 15 minutes, I started paying more attention to the trail.My mind shifted to daydreams. Soon I was actually enjoying myself." Its cool and all that he found out he doesn't need headphones to run but thats him. I've tried to run without headphones and to me its just weird, just because he had a great experience running without music doesn't mean everyone will. Just like he enjoys day dreaming I enjoy listening to music not everyone's going to have the same experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Great insight into what the author claims and adding your own opinion about his claim. I also like to use my headphones when I exercise, but sometimes it's hard to talk to people who have their volume up all the time. Is it bad to be bored? Is that "weird" experience you had running without headphones a bad thing, or does it make you think about your dependence on your music?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.