Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016


   I believe that parents and teachers do not have to start worrying to much about how many hours of TV and music children watch or listen to. First of all, although more children watched television than liked to read this does not clearly show how it affects their academic success. Also, say student 1 loves to read and student 2 loves to listen to music and they both have a 4.0 then you cannot say that the music academically affects student 2.All in all, this survey did not have enough results to determine any serious negative effects in which parents or teachers would need to worry about.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I took a completely different stance on my response I agree with what you said and very well put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stated, "although more children watched television than liked to read..." What information are you using to make this claim? How old are these "children"? In addition, you continue with the hypothetical: "...say student 1 loves to read and student 2 loves to listen to music and they both have a 4.0 then you cannot say that the music academically affects student..." Although I agree with the claim you're making, what data are you using to substantiate your thought-processing here? Hypothetical situations don't exist; rather, they're "what-if" situations that serve no purpose here. In order to make a persuasive claim, you need to use facts based on data. Yes, our data in your survey is limited, but it's the best we have and must reflect on what additional data is needed for future analyses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that if there are no serious negative effects, parents and teachers shouldn't have to worry about how much time is being spent on TV/music, as long as they are taking care of their responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.