Friday, April 22, 2016
Haley Campbell
I believe that parents,teachers,and employers should limit the amount of time certain age groups listen to music or watch TV because eventually they will not want to make time for anything important. Though the data I have does not back up my claim it does show a trend in age groups and how much people enjoy listening to music. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S5bxCFAZjLAk_FSl4AERujIltVDCd0UR6xNyGtpEM_g/edit#gid=1860054029 . The data shows that more than 25% of people listen to music 5 hours or more a day, now if for example an employer or school is a hindrance to getting in that 5 hours of music in a day how many people will have trouble with not being able to do so? eventually the people will lose interest in schoolwork or job assignments and just stop doing work in order to do the things they want like listening to music or watching TV. Therefore I stress that employers,parents,and teachers should limit an amount of time certain age groups can listen to music or watch TV so they can stay on track for whats really important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree how sometimes we leave out important stuff in our life for paying too much attention to our social life. Personally, I sometimes don't do my homework from being on the internet too much, and this is a horrendous habit. People should really find a way to limit "internet time" before it becomes a rehab visit.
ReplyDeleteI agree how sometimes we leave out important stuff in our life for paying too much attention to our social life. Personally, I sometimes don't do my homework from being on the internet too much, and this is a horrendous habit. People should really find a way to limit "internet time" before it becomes a rehab visit.
ReplyDeleteI do agree with Haley's claims because listening to too much music can keep children from focusing on their homework or classwork.
ReplyDeleteHaley, if you mention that "the data I have does not back up my claim," do you think it strengthens or weakens your argument? I like that you chose a stance that time spent listening to music/watching TV should be limited; is there any data that would indicate that there's a negative trend that could suggest too much of those things are preventing students from developing an enjoyment for reading? Or that too much of those things are preventing students from developing a longer attention span (in other words, students are becoming easily bored)? Can you manipulate the data in any way to justify those claims, rather than simply throwing in the towel and saying it's not strong enough data? What data would help strengthen your claim? How could we create a survey question (or questions) that would allow for gathering stronger data? Just things to think about.
ReplyDelete