Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

In defense of boredom

I do not agree with all the claims made in, " In defense of boredom," by Rosecrans Baldwin(2016). He claims that we shouldn't use headphones so much, instead enjoy what's around us. Baldwin believes that without music he enjoys his run, can eavesdrop on other, and can find a resolution with his work day frustration. I think that I do better while listening to music, and a lot of times I solve problems because of music. The only thing I agree with is when Baldwin states, " The trick, perhaps, requires staying bored long enough to listen." (p.1), because if you listen to your thoughts while you are bored you may come up with solutions or understandings

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you the only thing the author said that i liked is that we have to listen to our own thoughts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree either with Baldwin he says listen to the sounds around us but sometimes sounds around us are really annoying, this when headphones are perfect or u just want to chill. Also if everyone wheres headphones nobody can eavesdrop on others.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.