Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Limiting TV/ and music use

In my opinion, teachers, parents, and employers should limit the use of technology if it imposes a problem with concentration. In a recent survey that my A.V.I.D class did, we gathered enough data to say that the younger generation is more easily bored and needs technology to entertain themselves. Although 62% of 15-17 year olds watch less than an hour of T.V a day, i nobody in that group listened to less than an hour. In conclusion, technology is definitely a distraction.  

4 comments:

  1. Emma, you should avoid using "In my opinion" because it makes the argument weaker. Since you're using data to justify your claims, you can start off much stronger by avoiding your first three words. I wish you would add more to your claim about technology being a "distraction" because it's a good claim! Was there any correlation between the number of hours of TV/music with the 15-17 year-old population and the average enjoyment of reading in that age group? Can you make any inferences BASED on the data?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that technology is a distraction. You don't need a survey to see that. Everywhere you go you see people on their phones which keeps them from paying attention in class, work, or even simple things out in public like crossing the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this statement. technology is definitely a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this statement. technology is definitely a distraction.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.